Golden Valley

I went on the nature and I found a bunch of golden leaves! I can actually tell you some facts about leaves so are you with me? Okay let’s go! Don’t you know why leaves change colors? It’s because the leaves are dying. When a leaf is alive it’s green and when it’s dead it’s brown. Some leaves are awfully large! Didn’t you know that leaves even had relatives! Did you know that leaves were here before dinosaurs? Wow leaves are really interesting!

GoldenValley

3 thoughts on “Golden Valley”

1. Leaves and color eventually were involved in attracting insects to assist the transfer of pollen between plants. Those especially colorful “leaves” are called flower petals. In plants which use wind for getting pollen to move around, the flower is typically small and dull, even green like the other plant leaves.

2. Thank you for telling me so much about leaves that I didn’t know before. Also I really liked your title because you were probably thinking that it looked like a long path of yellow gold. I especially liked your 9th sentence it was very interesting. I am very much looking forward to reading another one of your posts!

3. I like how you said that leaves were here before dinosaurs! That was really interesting. How did you learn so much about leaves? You got me interested in learning more about leaves! I cant wait to learn more about leaves!